Pregnancy does appear to be a life changing experience. In case if you have just become pregnant you need to be aware of the dos and don’ts of pregnancy. Some may suggest that medicines for infections in pregnancy might provide you relief, but check with your doctor about medications for infection in pregnancy before you arrive at a final decision. The first phase of your pregnancy which is the first trimester of pregnancy works out to be a really important phase. You need to be a lot careful and follow certain guidelines as far as the growth along with development of your baby is concerned. Let us now observe some of the precautions that you need to keep away during the first trimester of your pregnancy
If you have been into smoking for a considerable period of time, it is high time that you put an end to it.
- Smoking is going to pose a wide range of health conditions, and it could threaten your life
- During pregnancy smoking may go on to pose several risks and leads to infections, low birth weight baby along with a host of developmental issues when you are pregnant.
- If you smoke during pregnancy it could lead to sudden infant syndrome
Caffeine and alcohol intake
Pretty much like smoking, consumption of caffeine and alcohol is a strict no during the phase of pregnancy.
- If you consume alcohol when you are pregnant, it slows down the growth of the foetus. It also gives way to a host of learning disabilities
- If caffeine consumption is on the higher side, it could lead to premature birth with an increase in birth defects
Sauna and hot tubs need to be avoided during the first three months of pregnancy.
- The reason being that these activities are going to force you to stay in an environment that is higher than the normal body temperature
- It can create problems with the normal growth along with development of the foetus.
Herbs and medicines
In case if you have been using certain herbs or medicines, for a particular health condition then you might have to consider a host of health alternatives to choose from.
- You need to inform the doctor immediately so that the doctor can prescribe the best medicines that is safe for the developing baby
- There are various treatments like X rays that go on to harm the developing fetus.
There are sources of healthy fats and proteins which are of utmost importance when you are pregnant. But what is not known is that a lot of fish goes on to contain a major portion of mercury along with toxic chemicals that poses a lot of harm for the developing baby.
- Do not consume fish in the first trimester of your pregnancy
- If you are really inclined choose salmon, tauna or light varieties mainly the canned variety during the first trimester of pregnancy
- Before eating check on the same.