If you are an affiliate marketer and you are suffering from a lack of sales and commissions, you will want to read this article. If you are new to affiliate marketing, than you have probably suffered through a lack of sales, as you learn how to properly market your affiliate offers.
But do not feel bad about it, you are not alone, there are many new marketers that have no idea as to how to properly drive targeted visitors to their sites in order to generate sales.
The first step to increasing affiliate sales:
1. Only offer products or services that people want or need. It sounds pretty simple, yet you would be surprised at how many affiliates will market products, that nobody is really searching for.
2. Always go with affiliate products or services that offer a trial or refund. This will eliminate any returns, saving your commissions from getting taken back. Also, this will establish you as credible marketer.
3. Always have a way of following up with your visitors. In other words, make sure to have a way of capturing your visitors email address and following up with them.
It does not matter if it is through a newsletter or series of emails telling more about the product. The important thing is to get your ads in front of your visitors, this will help you generate more sales in the future.
4. Make sure and brand yourself. By writing and submitting articles, producing videos, being active in social media and also joining and participating in forums will help you increase visitors to your website and lock down more sales from your sites.
5. Check out your competitors. Just what is that they are doing to achieve a higher rank in Google and how can you duplicate it? Believe it or not, just bumping your website up a few spots in the search engines can have a serious effect on your traffic and commissions.
6. Offer bonuses or gifts, when people purchase from you. Many other affiliate marketers are successful using this strategy, so why not adopt it yourself? Just look at from a potential buyers perspective. Why would they purchase the same thing from you, when the other guy is offering bonuses, if they buy from him.
7. Always offer support to your customers. Nothing is worse than purchasing from someone’s website and having an issue. Than to not be able to get a hold of the person through an email contact address is just frustrating.
By offering support, people will trust you and purchase again from you in the future.